Update: New Fact Sheets Added to the Your Online Social Security Statement
Your clients’ Social Security Statement, available using a my Social Security account, explains how much they or their family could receive in disability, survivor, and retirement benefits.
We’ve added new fact sheets to accompany the online Statement. The fact sheets are designed to provide clear and useful information based on age group and earnings situations. The fact sheets can help your clients better understand Social Security programs and benefits.
The new Statement fact sheets cover the following topics:
- Retirement readiness for workers in four specific age groups.
- Workers with non-covered earnings who may be subject to the Windfall Elimination Provision and Government Pension Offset.
- Social Security basics for new workers.
- How people become eligible for benefits (for workers not fully insured).
- How additional work can increase future benefits.
- Medicare readiness for workers age 62 and up.
If a client does not have a personal my Social Security account, please encourage them to create one at www.ssa.gov/myaccount. They can access their Statement, fact sheets, and other useful tools and information tailored to their needs.
You or your clients can visit our Social Security Statement webpage to learn more. Please share these resources with your clients.